- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 3pounds bass with ribcage
- -- Cajun seasoning or freshly ground pepper
- -- Finely chopped fresh garlic
- whole fresh basil leaves
- Melt the butter and add the lemon and lime juices and mix well. Pour over the fish. Season well. Sprinkle with garlic over each fish and top with a basil leaf. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or similar appliance and grill the fillets for 4 to 6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Serve with boiled new potatoes in garlic butter sauce, fresh green beans and corn bread.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).