Grilled Asparagus with Lemon, Soy and Honey
- Yield 2 servings
The onset of spring brings asparagus, a delicacy and the queen of all vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- -- Juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and well washed
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or sesame seeds
- Preheat grill to high heat. Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Place asparagus spears in a nonreactive dish and pour soy sauce mixture over them. Toss asparagus and let sit 5 minutes in marinade before cooking. Grill spears for 5 to 8 minutes depending on thickness. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts or sesame seeds.