Grilled Asian Tofu
- Yield 4 servings
Marinate tofu “steaks” in a blend of soy sauce, sesame oil and other Asian seasonings and grill or broil for a high-protein meatless entrée.
A 1-pound block of tofu yields 4 to 5 tofu “steaks”
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu cut into 1-inch-thick
- Combine all ingredients except tofu in a nonreactive baking dish. Lay the tofu steaks in a single layer in this marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a gas or charcoal grill. Drain steaks form marinade and grill 4 minutes per side, or oven broil about 2 inches from the heating element 6 minutes per side.