- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1pound asparagus, sliced on bias
- 1medium cucumber, sliced very thin
- 2medium celery stalks, sliced very thin
- 1/4cup kalamata olives, sliced in 1/4's
- 1/4cup aged white chaddar, shaved
- 1medium lemon and zest
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1large garlic clove, grated
- 2pinches lemon thyme
- 2-3pinches salt & pepper ** to taste**
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch asparagus for 3-5 minutes. Remove and immediately put in an ice bath. Drain asparagus on a paper towels.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad veggies and toss. Top with shaved cheese when ready to serve.