Green Tea Walnut Loaf
- Yield servings
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain pastry flour
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -- egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup steeped green tea, cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup safflower or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with canola oil cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites, plain Greek nonfat yogurt, green tea, oil, and vanilla extract in a small bowl until just combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg white mixture. Mix until well combined, then evenly fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes on the middle rack in the oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with 1 teaspoon nut butter.
Recipes courtesy of Keri Glassman