Green Tea-Passion Fruit Spritzer
- Yield 8 Servings servings
Green tea pairs well with a multitude of flavors, and passion fruit is one of the best. An ounce of amaretto, the liqueur of love, won't hurt either. This recipe can be easily doubled.
- 4 cups cold water
- 3 regular-size green tea bags
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups passion fruit nectar
- Chilled sparkling water, as needed
- 1 sprig fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Bring 2 cups of the water to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Add the tea bags, cover, and remove from the heat. Let steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags without squeezing them. Stir in the honey until dissolved.
- Pour the sweetened tea into a 2-quart heatproof container. Add the remaining 2 cups cold water and the passion fruit nectar. Let cool, then chill.
- When ready to serve, fill 6 tall glasses with ice. Fill each glass three-quarters full with tea and top off with sparkling water. Garnish with a mint sprig, if desired.
Excerpted from Iced Tea by Fred Thompson. Reprinted with permission from The Harvard Common Press.