Green Tea Ice Cream
- Yield: 6 (3/4-cup) servings
- 2tablespoons powdered green tea
- 3tablespoons boiling water
- 3-- eggs
- 1cup light corn syrup
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2 1/4cups milk
- 1 1/2cups heavy cream
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2teaspoons lemon juice
- -- Green and yellow food coloring
- -- Lemon peel for garnish
- -- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Dissolve the tea in the boiling water in a small cup. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until foamy. Beat in the corn syrup gradually. Add the sugar and beat until thick. Stir in the cooled tea, milk, cream, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir in a few drops of food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover and freeze until almost firm. Remove to a chilled bowl. Beat until smooth. Return to the pan and freeze until firm.
- Scoop into sherbet glasses. Garnish each serving with a thin narrow strip of lemon peel and a sprig of mint. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Las Vegas' Las Vegas Glitter to Gourmet (Junior League of Las Vegas, 2001).