Green Tea Asian Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
This recipe is perfect with chicken thighs, but you can use chicken breasts as well.
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 3/4cup hot brewed green tea
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Fresh cilantro and mint, chopped (optional)
- Arugula or spinach (optional)
- Stir sugar into tea while hot; let cool. Combine tea with coriander, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour in half of marinade. Seal and let chill 1 to 6 hours.
- Heat remaining marinade over medium high heat about 4 minutes, or until reduced by one-third.
- Remove thighs from marinade; discard marinade in bag. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to pan without crowding and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with sauce and fresh herbs over greens.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 245
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 30g