Green Salad with Posole and Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
Toss crisp lettuce and other veggies with a velvety vinaigrette made with fiber- and protein-rich creamy cannellini beans, chilies, lime juice, cilantro and hot-pepper sauce.
- Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup canned, diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 -- garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 -- (9-ounce) bag romaine lettuce mix or 1 pound romaine lettuce, cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed, and broken in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and broken in bite-size pieces
- 36 -- grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can posole (whole hominy), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 -- scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced
- 1/3 cup canned, sliced ripe olives
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, posole, carrot, scallions, and olives in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.