Green Pea Pesto
- Yield 2 cups
This Green Pea Pesto is a great way to slip peas and spinach in your kids’ diet.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup basil or spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook peas in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add peas and garlic clove and sauté 2 minutes.
- Place in food processor with basil or spinach leaves, pine nuts and Parmigiano Regianno cheese. Pulse until coarse.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers or over salmon, chicken or ravioli.
Adapted with permission from Pestos, Tapenades & Spreads by Stacey Printz (Chronicle Books, LLC, 2009).