Green Pea Pesto
- Yield: 2 cups
- 2 1/2cups fresh or frozen peas
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2cup basil or spinach leaves
- 3tablespoons pine nuts
- 3tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook peas in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add peas and garlic clove and sauté 2 minutes.
- Place in food processor with basil or spinach leaves, pine nuts and Parmigiano Regianno cheese. Pulse until coarse.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and blend. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers or over salmon, chicken or ravioli.
Adapted with permission from Pestos, Tapenades & Spreads by Stacey Printz (Chronicle Books, LLC, 2009).