Green Goddess Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
Sweet peas star in these light and tasty mashed potatoes.
- 2 pounds red-skin or golden potatoes, peeled, cut in large chunks
- 1 -- (8.25-ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile purée the peas in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Mix in puréed peas and remaining ingredients. Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.