Green Goddess Dressing
- Yield 5 cups
A delicious salad dressing that combines healthy fats you can feel good about.
- 2 cups mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 cup sour cream, low-fat
- 1/2 cup chives or scallions, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 ounces white wine vinegar
- 1 ounce worcestershire sauce
- 2 avocado, fresh, peeled and seeded
- 2 ounces buttermilk
- Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade.
- Pulse for 6 to 8 seconds, 4 to 6 times or until well blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Reprinted with permission from Catherine Power and Mary Abbott Hess’s Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs, 2nd edition (Culinary Nutrition Publishing, LLC, 2013).