Green Eggs and Ham Cups
- Yield: 8 servings
"I first served these miniature quiches at a family brunch and chose the name of the recipe with a nod to Dr. Seuss because it appeals to kids."
- 3 eggs
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1cup 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/8teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1cup spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 8 thin slices ham
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 muffin tins or 4-ounce ramekins.
- Combine eggs, flour, butter, cottage cheese, Cheddar and hot sauce in a food processor or blender. Process until well blended. Add spinach and pulse briefly. Do not over-process; green flecks should be visible.
- Line muffin tins with ham slices, pressing down with fingertips. Pour about 1/3 cup egg mixture into each tin.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Gay N. Martin. Albertville, Ala.