Deviled Green Eggs with Roasted Red Pepper
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 pasture-raised eggs
- 1teaspoon white vinegar
- 1cup trimmed mustard greens
- 1/2cup olive oil–based mayonnaise
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup diced roasted red peppers
- 2tablespoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (optional)
- Put the eggs and vinegar in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a full boil over high heat, cover, and turn off the heat. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow the eggs to cook through. Place under cold running water to cool. Drain and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, scoop out the yolks, and transfer them to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put the mustard greens in a food processor and chop finely. Add the reserved egg yolks, mayonnaise, and black pepper and process until smooth. Transfer the egg whites to a plate and fill them with the yolk mixture. Top with the roasted red peppers, capers, and jalapeño, if using.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve or for up to 4 hours.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Eat Complete © 2016 by Drew Ramsey, Harper Wave
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 255
- Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 382mg
- Sodium 555mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 13g