Green Chile Corn Bake
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1 -- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 -- (10 oz.) cans Mexicorn, drained
- 1 -- (7 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup sliced greeen onions
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 ounces prepared salsa
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place half of bread cubes into greased 9x13x2-inch pan. Sprinkle corn, chiles and green onions evenly over bread. Top with half cheese then add remaining bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour evenly over pan; gently press bread into pan to ensure it is covered with mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 min. or until knife comes out clean when inserted into center of pan.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Ladle salsa over each piece.
Note: Dish can be prepared, covered and refrigerated overnight. Bake 45 minutes covered, and 15 to 20 uncovered.