Green Chile Bake
- Yield: 10 servings
"This recipe came from a collection of Iowa Governor Terry Brandstad's wife. I have used it many times for breakfast and brunch for family and friends."
- 10 eggs
- 4cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2cups cottage cheese
- 1/4cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Monterey Jack, cottage cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, salt and chiles. Pour into baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set. Cool for 10 minutes. Serves 8 to 10 for brunch, 12 to 16 as an appetizer.
—Sally Vander Linden, Pleasantville, Iowa