Green Chile Bake
- Yield 10 servings
"This recipe came from a collection of Iowa Governor Terry Brandstad's wife. I have used it many times for breakfast and brunch for family and friends."
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Monterey Jack, cottage cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, salt and chiles. Pour into baking dish, and bake for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set. Cool for 10 minutes. Serves 8 to 10 for brunch, 12 to 16 as an appetizer.
—Sally Vander Linden, Pleasantville, Iowa