Green Chicken Curry with Apples
- Yield 4 servings
Thai green curry paste pumps loads of flavor into this quick-and-easy chicken dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith), cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions to pan and cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken to onions in skillet, sprinkle with salt and gently cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste to pan and cook 30 seconds, stirring to coat chicken and onions with paste.
- Add coconut milk and apples and raise heat to medium high. Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat and cook gently until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add basil and lime juice to chicken. Stir to combine. Serve over hot jasmine rice.