Green Beans with Shallots and Red Pepper
- Yield 6 servings
Fresh summery green beans with a colorful pop of peppers and shallots.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- Blanch the beans in boiling water in a saucepan for 3 to 4 minutes or until of the desired degree of crispness; drain.
- Saute the shallots and bell pepper in the butter in a skillet for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the beans, salt and pepper. Cook just until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Austin, Austin Entertains (The Junior League of Austin, 2001)