Green Beans with Roasted Garlic
- Yield 8 servings
Green beans are tossed with fresh roasted garlic, for lots of added flavor.
- 2 whole heads garlic, cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place garlic cloves in a baking dish. Pour oil over and season with salt. Bake garlic 15 to 20 minutes until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil green beans in water to cover 6 to 8 minutes until tender but still crisp. Drain beans and toss well with roasted garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.