Green Beans with Roasted Garlic
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2whole heads garlic, cloves peeled
- 1/4cup olive oil
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 2pounds fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place garlic cloves in a baking dish. Pour oil over and season with salt. Bake garlic 15 to 20 minutes until tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil green beans in water to cover 6 to 8 minutes until tender but still crisp. Drain beans and toss well with roasted garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 84
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 7mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 2g