Green Beans Romescu
- Yield: 8 servings
Chipotle chiles, canned in a spicy sauce called adobo, are available at Latin-American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets. Leftover canned chiles can be transferred to a glass jar and stored in the refrigerator.
- 2pounds fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2medium red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and cut in 2 inch lengths
- 1/4cup almonds slivers, toasted
- 1tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add green beans and cook 2 minutes. Drain beans and plunge in ice water to stop cooking process. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 3 minutes. Add garlic, chipotle and paprika to shallots and stir well. Add beans and saute until nearly tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, stir well and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add almonds and lemon rind and mix well. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 4g
- Sodium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 10g
- Protein 9g