Green Beans and Shoe Peg Corn
- Yield 8 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can French green beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer the green beans and corn in the baking dish. Mix together the sour cream, soup, and onion, and spoon over the beans and corn in an even layer. Top with the cheese and crushed crackers. Pour the margarine over all. Bake for 30 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Sweet white corn can replace the shoe peg corn. Frozen 16-ounce bags of vegetables can be used instead of the canned vegetables, but add 15 minutes to the cooking time if you use frozen vegetables.
Recipe by Peggy McThenia, Glade Spring, Va.