Green Bean Salad with Smokehouse Almonds
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
Add a crumble of blue cheese if you’re inclined to gild the lily.
- 1 1/2pints fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1 1/2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1small red onion, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1/3cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath; drain. Pat dry.
- Combine vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl; whisk in oil. Add beans and toss well. Let stand 20 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Soak onion in ice water 10 minutes. Drain; pat dry. Add to beans; toss. Transfer to a serving platter, and top with almonds.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 8
- Cholesterol 0
- Sodium 191
- Carbohydrate 9
- Fiber 3
- Protein 3