Greek Turkey Pita
- Yield 8 servings
This reduced-fat Greek-style pita stars roasted turkey breast with cucumber, pepperoncini, feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- 1 -- (8-ounce) container plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup medium-sized cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasonings
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 pound roasted turkey breast, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 -- (6-inch) pita pockets, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 -- small tomatoes, cored and cut into 8 slices
- 1 -- red onion, peeled and cut into 8 thin slices
- 8 -- kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 -- pepperoncini (slightly sweet, medium-hot peppers)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- In medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon pepper, oregano and turkey. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Put approximately 1/4 cup lettuce in each pita pocket.
- In each pocket half, spoon 1/8th of turkey/cucumber mixture. Add 1 slice tomato, 1 slice onion, 1 pitted olive, 1 pepperoncini, and 1 tablespoon Feta cheese.