Greek Tortellini Salad
- Yield 12 servings
A pasta salad to make a day ahead.
- 1 (6-ounce) package tricolored tortellini
- 1 (6-ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 6 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe black olives
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2/3 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook both packages of tortellini and ziti pasta according to package directions, omitting the oil and salt. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, peppers, onions, olives and artichokes. For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, sherry, oregano, garlic powder, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture, add the cheese, and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.