Greek-Style Oven Braised Chicken Meatballs
- Yield servings
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 -- egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 can 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 whole lemon, zest grated, juice squeezed
- -- salt, to taste
- -- white pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Greek olives
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley
- To make the meatballs, knead all ingredients together with your hands and then form into walnut size balls (mixture will be soft). Refrigerate meatballs while preparing the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof saucepan, warm butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, lemon zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Gently put the meatballs into the sauce and cover the pan. Remove to oven and bake for 40 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with feta, olives and parsley to serve.
- Serve over orzo pasta or rice.