Greek-Style Oven Braised Chicken Meatballs
- Yield: servings
- 1pound ground chicken
- 3tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 2tablespoons minced dill
- 3cloves cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-- egg
- 1tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/4cup all purpose flour
- 1can 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1whole lemon, zest grated, juice squeezed
- -- salt, to taste
- -- white pepper, to taste
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons chopped Greek olives
- 3teaspoons chopped parsley
- To make the meatballs, knead all ingredients together with your hands and then form into walnut size balls (mixture will be soft). Refrigerate meatballs while preparing the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof saucepan, warm butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, lemon zest and juice. Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Gently put the meatballs into the sauce and cover the pan. Remove to oven and bake for 40 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with feta, olives and parsley to serve.
- Serve over orzo pasta or rice.