- Yield 4 servings
A lightly fried grouper topped with a mixture of vegetables and feta cheese.
- 4 -- (6-ounce) grouper fillets, skinned
- 1/2 cup seasoned all-purpose flour
- -- Olive oil for coating
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup Greek olives
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Coat the fillets with the seasoned flour. Heat a skillet over medium gas heat and lightly coat with olive oil. Arrange the fillets in the hot skillet, when the olive oil begins to smoke; cook the fillets until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in the same skillet and add the bell peppers, onions and olives. Saute until the bell peppers are tender; stir in the wine, garlic, rosemary, oregano, basil and thyme. Saute for 4 minutes longer. Arrange one fillet on each of four serving plates and top each serving with equal portions of the bell pepper mixture. Sprinkle equally with the feta cheese and serve with rice pilaf or roasted new potatoes.
Recipe by Chris Trovas, Chris' Seafood Grille, 1998; recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).