Greek Stuffed Pitas
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: Less than 20 minutes
- 4small whole-wheat pita pockets
- 1/2cup dry whole-wheat couscous, cooked according to the package directions
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 unpeeled cucumber, grated
- 1/2cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 8 lettuce leaves, for serving (Bibb or romaine will work well)
- Using kitchen shears, cut each pita pocket in half down the middle. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the couscous, yogurt, cucumber, feta, tomatoes, dill, vinegar, salt, cayenne, and garlic.
- Stuff each pita pocket with a piece of lettuce and some of the couscous mixture. Serve immediately or wrap up for later.
Recipe from 100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake (William Morrow, 2014)