Greek Skillet Florentine
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package (about 2 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1/2pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 1/2cup onion, chopped
- 1medium garlic clove, minced
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1can (1 1/2 cups) condensed tomato sauce
- 1pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2cup milk
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces) Wisconsin Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, sauté beef, onion, garlic and oregano until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in macaroni and remaining ingredients. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board