- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2cup chopped parsley
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Heat olive oil and sauté onion over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, and season to taste.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, covered. Stir when needed.
- Toss in shrimp and olives and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Toss in peas and cook until tender.
- Garnish with feta before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Too Hot in the Kitchen (Holly Clegg, 2010). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 182
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 170mg
- Sodium 567mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 21g