- Yield 8 servings
Grab a large skillet for a quick journey to the Mediterranean with this easy shrimp and tomato dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and sauté onion until tender. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, and season to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp and olives; continue cooking until shrimp are done, about 5-7 minutes. Add peas, cook several minutes. Sprinkle with feta, serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.