- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3cup chopped parsley
- 2teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2cups grape tomatoes, halved or 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/4pounds medium peeled shrimp
- 4cups fresh baby spinach
- 1tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Saute garlic for 30 seconds in a skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Add parsley, oregano, tomatoes and broth.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and simmer an additional 10-12 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until just pink.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted and shrimp are bright pink.
- Toss with pine nuts and garnish with feta.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 206
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 213mg
- Sodium 499mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 27g