Greek Shrimp Scampi
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved or 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds medium peeled shrimp
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil; sauté garlic 30 seconds. Add parsley, oregano, tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes. Add shrimp; cook several minutes, until shrimp start to turn pink.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until spinach is wilted and shrimp are done, just a few minutes. Toss with pine nuts; sprinkle with feta cheese.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.