Greek Shrimp Orzo
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Shrimp, feta and orzo pasta combine in this Greek-inspired dish.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, chopped, with their juices
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a 2-quart saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook onion and garlic over medium heat, sauteing 3 minutes, or until tender. Add wine and boil about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, capers, oregano, basil, salt and pepper, and red pepper and cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and place in a shallow 2-quart casserole dish. Toss with tomato-shrimp sauce, sprinkle with feta, and bake, uncovered 10 minutes, or until cheese is well heated.