Greek Shrimp Bake
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Shrimp are low in calories and saturated fat and full of flavor.
Serve over pasta or rice.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced or quatered tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and gently simmer mixture for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sauce from stove; stir in shrimp and peas.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until shrimp are done.