Greek Shrimp and Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
A reduced-fat shrimp and pasta meal.
- 1 (8-ounce) package tricolored rotini
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat, saute green onions and garlic 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in wine, if using, tomatoes, basil and oregano. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are done, about 5 mintues; then add parsely.
- To serve, place pasta on plates or a serving dish and top with shrimp sauce and crumbled feta cheese.