Greek Kalamata Tapenade
- Yield 12 servings
This chilled olive sauce can be used with almost any main dish—from chicken to fish to tofu.
Greek Kalamata olives are dark purple to black in color. They are quite juicy and loaded with fragrant olive oil, perfect for pureeing into sauce.
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process until smooth. Chill 20 minutes before serving. Makes 1 1/2 cups.