- Yield 4 servings
The briny saltiness of black olives and feta cheese perfectly punctuates sweet caramelized onions and cherry tomatoes in this delicious frittata.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus a little more for drizzle
- 3 -- eggs
- 3 -- egg whites
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek black olives
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil in a small nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the onions are beginning to caramelize. Add the spinach, stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just wilted. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Season the egg whites with a little salt and pepper. Add the beaten eggs and egg whites to the pan. Top with the cherry tomato halves cut side up. Sprinkle with the feta.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan. Top the eggs mixture with the olives and cherry tomatoes, placing the tomatoes cut side up. Sprinkle with feta and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the frittata begins to set 5 to 7 minutes. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and turn on the broiler.
- Place the frittata under the broiler and cook for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, cut into 4 slices.
Recipe by Jen of Domestic Divas.