Greek Couscous with Olives
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 5 minutes
Here’s a fresh, no-cook recipe perfect for picnics and versatile as can be. It’s the winner in Relish’s and the California Ripe Olives’ contest for the best new recipe using ripe olives.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup California ripe olives
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Bring water to boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese to couscous and mix together.
- Combine mint leaves, garlic, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a glass jar with a lid. Shake well to blend.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, line a bowl with Romaine lettuce. Top with couscous mixture. Garnish with wedges of ripe tomato and sprinkle with pine nuts.