Greek Couscous with Olives
- Yield: 10 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4cups water
- 1cup couscous
- 1medium red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1cup California ripe olives
- 3ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3cup mint leaves, shredded
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 3tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Bring water to boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, onion, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese to couscous and mix together.
- Combine mint leaves, garlic, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a glass jar with a lid. Shake well to blend.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, line a bowl with Romaine lettuce. Top with couscous mixture. Garnish with wedges of ripe tomato and sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 250
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 268mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 5g