Greek Chicken with Raisins and Capers in Feta Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 23 minutes
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2cup California raisins
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet. Combine flour and oregano in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in broth, raisins and lemon juice; cook 3 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add capers and feta cheese to pan, stirring with a whisk; top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup sauce and 1 lemon.
Recipe by Marge Shrove, Danville, Calif.