GRECIAN GRILLED CHICKEN KEBOBS
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 30 minutes(includes marinading time)
- Cook 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 large green onions, trimmed and white part cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small lemons, cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup whole wheat or plain couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 can 6 ounce sliced California black olives, drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Place yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel in large zip top plastic bag, shake to mix then add chicken, seal and shake. Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes or more.
Spray grill rack with non-stick cooking spray then heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding yogurt mixture. Alternate threading chicken, green onion and bell pepper onto 4 metal skewers. Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through turning several times about 8 minutes total. Grill lemons cut side down turning a few times until grill marks appear about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile bring couscous and water to a boil, remmove from heat ancd cover with lid, set aside until liquid is absorbed.
To serve add olives to couscous, fluff with fork then divide onto 4 plates. Lay 1 skewer on top of couscous and garnish each plate with a lemon half. Last sprinkle feta cheese over skewers and serve.