GRECIAN GRILLED CHICKEN KEBOBS
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 minutes(includes marinading time)
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/2cup low fat plain yogurt
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6large green onions, trimmed and white part cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2small lemons, cut in half crosswise
- 1cup whole wheat or plain couscous
- 1cup water
- 1can 6 ounce sliced California black olives, drained
- 1/3cup crumbled feta cheese
Place yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel in large zip top plastic bag, shake to mix then add chicken, seal and shake. Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes or more.
Spray grill rack with non-stick cooking spray then heat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding yogurt mixture. Alternate threading chicken, green onion and bell pepper onto 4 metal skewers. Grill skewers until chicken is cooked through turning several times about 8 minutes total. Grill lemons cut side down turning a few times until grill marks appear about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile bring couscous and water to a boil, remmove from heat ancd cover with lid, set aside until liquid is absorbed.
To serve add olives to couscous, fluff with fork then divide onto 4 plates. Lay 1 skewer on top of couscous and garnish each plate with a lemon half. Last sprinkle feta cheese over skewers and serve.