Great Aunt Hallie's Luscious Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup sugar
- 3/4cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1cup pecans, chopped
- 1package dates, pitted and chopped
- 1package shredded coconut
- 1large orange, grated rind, squeezed juice
- Bake cakes, let cool before filling is added.
- Filling: Cook sugar, butter and egg yolks in top of a double boiler until thickened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Let the mixture rest off heat until it thickens.
- To frost cooled cakes, use half of filling atop bottom layer, add second layer of cake then add the remaining topping.
Note: This can be made as a sheet cake as well as a two-layer cake.