- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/3-- cup, plus 1 tablespoon, sugar, divided
- 2 1/2cups seedless red grapes (about 3/4 pound)
- 3-- eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- -- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar. Place grapes in pan.
- Place eggs, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, salt, orange rind, flour and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over grapes. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Cool on wire rack until warm. Sift powdered sugar over top before serving.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.