Grape, Cheddar and Jicama Skewers
- Yield 4 servings
A cilantro-lime dipping sauce is perfect with these little skewers starring sweet green grapes.
- 3/4 cup green California grapes (24 grapes)
- 6 ounces mild cheddar cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large jicama root, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes*
- 8 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Place the grapes, cheddar and jicama onto the skewers, alternating them until there are three of each item on each skewer.
- In a small bowl stir together the yogurt, cilantro, lime zest and juice, honey and salt until well combined. Serve the skewers with the sauce for dipping.
*Can substitute 1/3 large English cucumber, seeded and cut into ½ inch chunks if jicama is difficult to find.
Recipe by Ellie Krieger, courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission