Grape and Ricotta Pita Pizzas
- Yield 4 servings
Sliced grapes perch prettily on top of pita rounds in this simple pizza snack.
- 2 -- whole wheat pita pocket breads, about 6 inches in diameter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup red or black California grapes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 -- large or 12 small fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the pita pockets in half so each forms 2 rounds and you have 4 rounds in all. Place the pita rounds on the baking sheets cut side up, and brush the top of each with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese on each pita, leaving about ½-inch border around the edges, then arrange sliced grapes in a single layer on top of the cheese. Bake until edges are crisped and the cheese is warmed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and lemon juice until the honey is dissolved.
- When the pizzas are done, drizzle each with about ½ teaspoon of the honey-lemon mixture. Sprinkle the basil on top of the pizzas. Serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Ellie Krieger.