Grape and Ricotta Pita Pizzas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket breads, about 6 inches in diameter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1cup red or black California grapes, thinly sliced
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 large or 12 small fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the pita pockets in half so each forms 2 rounds and you have 4 rounds in all. Place the pita rounds on the baking sheets cut side up, and brush the top of each with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese on each pita, leaving about ½-inch border around the edges, then arrange sliced grapes in a single layer on top of the cheese. Bake until edges are crisped and the cheese is warmed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and lemon juice until the honey is dissolved.
- When the pizzas are done, drizzle each with about ½ teaspoon of the honey-lemon mixture. Sprinkle the basil on top of the pizzas. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Ellie Krieger, courtesy of the California Table Grape Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 200
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 210mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 7g