Grape and Apple Crisp
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
Sometimes, the top is nicely browned but the apples are not quite tender. If this happens, cover the pan with foil and bake another 5 or 10 minutes, until the fruit is soft. If you prefer, you can make this crisp in 8 (12-ounce) ramekins.
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts
- 6tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4cup cold, unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) cut into small pieces
- 6cups thinly sliced, peeled tart apple (like Granny Smith)
- 2cups seedless red grapes (about 2/3 pound)
- 1/3cup orange juice
- 1 1/2tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, walnuts, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- To prepare filling, combine all ingredients in a 2-quart baking pan; sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and fruit is tender. Cool on wire rack.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy