- Yield 16 servings
If you don’t have time to dip these bars in chocolate, junior chef Henry Chambers suggests adding some mini chocolate chips to the pecan granola mixture.
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups low fat granola
- 1 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted (optional)
- Melt butter in medium pot over low heat. Add marshmallows and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat and stir in granola and pecans, mixing well.
- Transfer mixture to lightly buttered 9 x 5 loaf pan. Press firmly and evenly into pan and set aside to cool.
- Invert pan to remove “block” of granola. Cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 8 bars. Serve as is, or, if desired, insert extra-long toothpicks as handles and dip partway in chocolate.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission