Grandma’s Dinner Roll Recipe
- Yield: 16 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup butter
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/4cup sugar
- 4cups flour
- 1/4cup powdered milk
- 2teaspoons yeast (rounded teaspoons)
- Add two eggs to a big measuring cup, add warm water until the level reaches 1 1/2 cups. Pour into bread machine.
- Add butter (I warm mine first), salt, sugar, flour and powdered milk to bread machine – in that order
- Make a well in the top of your ingredients and add your yeast
- Turn the bread machine on dough setting (this just makes the dough, it doesn’t bake it)
- My bread machine takes two hours. After dough is done, take it out of bread machine and set it on counter, cover and let rise for 30 minutes
- I spray olive oil instead my Pampered Chef stoneware pan (but you can use any pan, just butter or grease it first)
- Break the dough into small pieces and form them into balls. Make them smaller than you’d think – they will grow in the oven
- If you want, you can brush melted butter on top of your rolls, we don’t do this and they still turn out just fine
- Have your oven preheated to 350 degrees F. Put rolls in for 28 – 30 minutes. This could vary by oven or pan type – so just watch them closely after 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool. Enjoy.