Grandma’s Butterscotch Raisin Pie
User Submitted Recipe by Brenda Wilson
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 40 minutes
- 2 cups California Raisins
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) package butterscotch pudding and pie filling
- 2 (9-inch) pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Put washed raisins into medium saucepan with 2 cups water. Cook for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and salt. Stir.
- Mix together butterscotch pudding and pie filling with 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into raisin mixture and cook over medium heat till it first starts to boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour into pie crust. Dot with butter and cover with remaining crust. Bake 10 minsutes, then reduce heat to 350F. Cook about 30 minutes longer or until crust is golden.