Grandma Bonnie’s Pineapple Drop Cookies
- Yield 5
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 12 mins
The big, comforting cookies with a hint of tropical flavor are loaded with home-style charm.
Make and freeze the dough ahead of time; thaw thoroughly before cutting and baking.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15-ounce) crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained (save the juice for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze (optional):
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Juice from canned pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare cookies, sift flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside. Beat butter and sugar together until light. Add eggs; beat until well combined. Add pineapple, vanilla and flour mixture. Mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, beat butter until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is the consistency of a glaze. Spoon over cookies while they’re still warm.
Recipe courtesy of the Longaberger Company.