Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Yield 1 pieces
A classic graham cracker pie crust perfect for all your pies.
To crush them into crumbs without making a huge mess (I learned this the hard way!), place the grahams in a plastic sandwich bag and roll over them with your rolling pin. Get ready, because graham cracker crust is not just for cheesecake anymore!
- 15 graham crackers (1 cup), mashed into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar with a fork. Add the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Place the graham cracker mixture in the center of the prepared pie plate. Then, with your fingers, start from the center and gently spread the mixture outward to form a crust. Make sure to pat the mixture around evenly and firmly and up onto the edge of the pie plate. Once the crust is in place, gently pat it all over again to ensure even distribution.
Reprinted with permission from Dani Cone’s Cutie Pies (Andrew McMeel Publishing, LLC, 2011).