Gourmet Whole Grain Breakfast Burrito
- Yield: 4 servings
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 1large Yukon gold potato, unpeeled, boiled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3tablespoons plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Four 10-inch whole grain tortillas
- 3ounces nitrate-free smoked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- Spray a large skillet with the olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and pour into the hot skillet, stirring frequently for a few minutes until the eggs are just set. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the scrambled eggs, potato, bell pepper, yogurt, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Lay out the tortillas and place one-fourth of the egg mixture into the center of each wrap. Top with one-fourth of the chicken and one-fourth of the cheese. Fold the top edge up and over the filling, tuck in the sides, and roll toward you, leaving the seam-side down.
- Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil, place the wrapped burritos on a baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until hot throughout and the cheese is melted.
Reprinted with permission of Fair Winds Press from 150 Healthiest Comfort Foods on the Planet.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270.1
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 222.9mg
- Sodium 254.3mg
- Carbohydrate 32.2g
- Fiber 5.2g
- Protein 18.2g